When temperatures dropping below 32 degrees during the winter season, water pipes can freeze burst, and cause a great deal of damage. Help protect your apartment home by taking these steps during a freeze:
- Set the heater on at least 60-65 degrees and leave it on until threat of freeze is over.
- Leave all hot and cold interior faucets dripping.
- Leave cabinet doors under any sink open so warm air can circulate around pipes.
- Stock up on food and water.
- Do not attempt to thaw out frozen pipes yourself.
- Please do not walk outside unless you are sure there is no ice on the ground.
- Watch for falling ice and snow from the roof tops.
- Do not use dishwashers, washing machines etc. until you are certain the water and drain lines are thawed.
Please Note: Any damage to personal property will not be covered by Jefferson Creek Apartments insurance so, make sure your renter’s insurance policy and automobile policy is up-to-date.